Visual Studio Code — functional code editor from Microsoft.
Table of contents
- Install the Visual Studio Code in Linux
- Video (installation and preview of the programme):
Some features of the program:
- The syntax highlighting.
- Folding blocks of code.
- Automatic code formatting.
- Multi-string edit (edit multiple rows at the same time, vertical separation).
- Intelligent system completion code.
- Go to definition of functions and variables.
- Search by files. Support for regular expressions.
- Automatic detection of problem areas in your code (such as displaying a warning in case of undefined variables).
- Debug code. Breakpoints, execute code step by step, view the status of variables that support multithreading.
- Built-in version control system. Git Support. Support for other version control systems using polcythemia modules (extensions).
- And other possibilities.
Visual Studio Code is not overloaded with modern and responsive interface. All work is carried out inside the main window. It is divided into different areas. New Windows open as a new area or as a pop-up auxiliary window.
The default dark color theme. There are several different themes from light to dark.
For Visual Studio Code there are different modules that allow you to add support for other programming languages and also improve the functionality of the program.
The program is cross-platform, translated into Russian language.
Is free, open source (Open Source). But the finished assemblies are proprietary.
To install Visual Stduio Code in Linux, you can use DEB or RPM packages available on the official website of the program.
There are versions for 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
The program website (free download):Visual Studio Code
The program is cross-platform and works in:
Screenshots of the program
- Visual Studio Code (version: 1.27.2)