qBittorrent — functional bit-torrent client for Linux.
The software has a large number of possibilities.
It is supported to install search plugin that allows you to search torrents by keywords directly inside the program. Search plugins are scripts in Python, which provide access to various torrent trackers.
The qBittorrent interface is written using Qt libraries and is similar to the program µTorrent (torrent client for Windows).
The main window contains a list of torrents presented in a table. Table columns can be enabled or disabled.
On the left are categories to filter.
When you click on any torrent list you can view various statistics.
Top horizontal control panel with buttons and menu.
Programming languages: C++, Python.
Libraries: Qt, Libtorrent.
The program is available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, OS/2 and FreeBSD.
InstallationInstallation in Ubuntu (LinuxMint)
sudo apt install qbittorrent
Installation in ArchLinux (Manjaro)
sudo pacman -S qbittorrent
Installation via Flatpak
flatpak install flathub org.qbittorrent.qBittorrent
flatpak run org.qbittorrent.qBittorrent
Installation via Snap
sudo snap install qbittorrent
The program is cross-platform
release..4.1.704 Aug 2019пресс-релиз4.1.826 Sep 2019пресс-релиз4.1.927 Oct 2022.214.171.124 Oct 20194.2.003 Dec 2019пресс-релиз4.2.118 Dec 20194.2.224 Mar 2020пресс-релизqBittorrent client for sharing files in P2P networks. Written in C++ using the QT and therefore cross-platform.
Among the obvious features of qBittorrent I want to note its similarity with the same clients for Microsoft Windows OS: µTorrent and BitTorrent. The similarity is not accidental, because qBittorrent is also functional and fast as its counterparts. It also has the following:
* Well adapted and extensible search engine Search Engine
o Simultaneous search in most famous search sites BitTorrent system
o the Ability to search by user-specified category (e.g. Books(Books), Music(Music), Movies(Films))
* Support for all Bittorrent extensions
o DHT, Peer Exchange, full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, etc.
* Possibility of remote control via web interface
o Almost identical user interface completely written in Ajax
* Advanced control trackers, peer’s, and torrent files
o queue and setting priorities torrents
o the Possibility of selecting content and setting priorities for download
* Support port forwarding using UPnP / NAT-PMP
* Available in approximately 25 languages (Unicode support)
* Creating torrent files
* Advanced RSS support with filters download (including regular expressions)
* The scheduler (scheduler) the speed of downloading/distribution
* IP filtering (compatible with eMule and PeerGuardian)
* IPv6 is supported
And of course it is completely free! This means that the interface you will not find any irritating ads and all the workspace will display the process of loading/distribution of files. In General try and write comments.
Website (free download):qBittorrentLog in to commentI like Likes: +6войдите to put Lycopersicon: 25.12.2010
Screenshots of the program
- qBittorrent – torrent client for Linux (version: 2.0.0beta6)Screenshot taken from the official website.
- qBittorrent 4.0.3 (version: 4.0.3)