Google Chrome — web browser from Google.
Google Chrome is most popular browser in the world.
The main features of Google Chrome:
- Support for a large number of tabs.
- Supports extensions. Available for more than 150000 extension.
- Remembering passwords and payment data.
- Maximum integration with the Google search.
- Built-in ad blocker.
- Quick translation of websites into other languages using Google Translate.
- Sync via Google account. Sync history, bookmarks and other data.
- Protection from malicious sites.
- Intelligent anti-phishing protection.
- Support themes.
- Developer tools (web inspector).
- Regular updates, bug fixes and security fixes.
Google Chrome installation in Linux
For Linux Google Chrome available for download as a ready DEB and RPM packages (64-bit versions).
Download the package suitable for your distribution.
To install Google Chrome in Ubuntu Linux from DEB package, run the command:
sudo dpkg-i google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb
In many distributions, you can install the DEB/RPM packages by double-clicking on the file.
Google Chrome is developed on the basis of the free Chromium browser.
Engine to display web pages:
- Blink (used in 2013). Blink is a fork of the WebCore component of WebKit.
- WebKit (used until April 2013)
First release: September 2, 2008 (the first release was for Windows XP). Later, the program was ported to Linux.
Proprietary, based on Open Source.
The program is translated into Russian language.
release..5707 Mar 201758596025 Jul 20176162636465666768697016 Oct 201871727312 Mar 2019Что нового7423 APR 2019Что new
The program website (free download):Google Chrome for Linux
The program is cross-platform and works in:
Screenshots of the program
- Google Chrome (version: 72.0.3626.81 )
- Settings Google Chrome (version: 72.0.3626.81 )
- Google Chrome (2009)