Delta Chat — cross-platform instant messenger that does not use centralized servers to store and process messages, and send messages using your mail server.
Capabilities and features of the program
- Does not use centralized servers to store and process messages.
- The program does not need the user’s phone number.
- Messaging e-mail is used. To communicate enough to have your email address (e-mail) and know the mailing address of the interlocutor.
- The mail server must support IMAP and SMTP.
- For the program it is desirable to use a separate account e-mail so as not to clog the main Inbox messages chat, or for example to configure filters to move messages manually in a separate directory.
- Support end-to-end encryption.
- Support for images, smileys in messages.
- The display of marks on the reading and the status of message delivery.
- For spam protection, the program receives messages only from those in the contacts list.
- Group chats.
On the website of the program you can download DEB packages and AppImage.
For installation in ArchLinux from AUR: yay -S deltachat-desktop-git
Installation via Flatpak
flatpak install flathub
The program is cross-platform. All programs use a common core (library).
Source code: Open Source (pending)
Programming languages: Rust
License: GNU GPL
The application is translated into Russian language.
The program is cross-platform
release..1.018 Dec 20191.2.006 APR 2020
Website (free download):delta.chatscreenshots of the program
- Delta Chat 1.2.0 (version: 1.2.0)
- Delta Chat 1.2.0: viewing media content (version: 1.2.0)